Job Type : Permanent
Location/City : FL - De Leon Springs
Category : Administrative
Region : Southeast
Id : 25543
Basic Purpose of Position: Provides knowledge, expertise and understanding accounting practices in support of general accounting activity.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Processes accounting transactions including payables, receivables, and month-end closings. Ensures timely and accurate payments to suppliers and customers. Researches any discrepancies. Records financial transactions, journal entries, and general ledger entries and responds to any inquiries and requests regarding these transactions.
- Analyzes accounting problems and variances to budget, balance sheet, bank statements, cash activity, reserves, etc. Develops recommendations for corrective actions and implements corrections/solutions as direction.
- Reconciles bank statements and accounts to cash activity, subsidiary ledgers, and supporting schedules.
- Prepares and submits financial statements, financial reports, corporate audit reports, and tax returns. Facilitates external audits and provides outside sources with all required information such as government documents and compliance reports. Complies with all internal control requirements, corporate procedures and GAAP.
- Monitors the monthly account reconciliation process, making assignments and ensuring submissions are timely time, according to procedure, and all required documentation is included.
- Acts as power user and master of Accounting Software systems, managing changes and implementing upgrades.
- Serves as backup payroll processor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 4+ years of accounting experience in a Consulting environment.
- Language Ability: Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Able to write reports and business correspondence. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues, managers, and executives. Able to communicate effectively by phone and e-mail. Able to develop presentations and to present information to groups of colleagues, managers, and/or executives.
- Math Ability: Ability to apply fundamental mathematical concepts such as percentages, proportions, general mathematical equations, and algebraic functions. Ability to statistically analyze data and recognize and/or predict trends.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend the best course of action. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Accounting software, General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Internet software, E-mail.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Accountant III (#25543-MH1639)|