ADP Operations Technical Lead
Contract to Hire 6+ Months M-F 40 hours weekly
The Joint Service Provider (JSP) program provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and other various OSD offices to meet mission and business requirements.
Through the accomplishments of the Defense Cyber Operations Internal Defense Measures (DCO IDM) program (formerly known as the Computer Network Defense (CND) Program), JSP performs a wide variety of cybersecurity services and functions required to assure the operational, physical, and information security posture for Department of Defense (DoD) services within CONUS and OCONUS.
The mission of the Advanced Detection & Prevention (ADP) Team is to provide diligent analysis of network traffic across the Pentagon infrastructure to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of communications. This mission is accomplished by monitoring, detecting and escalating any threat to the health and/or welfare of Pentagon backbone networks. The ADP infrastructure group is responsible for carrying out all of the team’s special projects and evaluating new technologies for potential use. They are also responsible for the placement, configuration, administration and maintenance of all Intrusion Detection System (IDS) equipment and assist Tier 2 and Tier 3 in signature writing and testing.
Additionally, they perform Tier 2 monitoring and analysis when there are no ongoing projects or infrastructure needs to attend to.
As an ADP Operations Technical Lead, you:
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern solution development techniques and test principles, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry-accepted standards and best practices related to demonstration, piloting, and test management and operations
- Demonstrate ability to implement, administer, configure, troubleshoot and maintain network security devices
- Demonstrate a successful track record on delivering on-time and within budget for with large/complex projects
- Demonstrate experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology
- Demonstrate experience with modern cloud technologies such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service
- Recognize “known” and possibly suspicious attack patterns in network traffic
- Tune IDS/ Intrusion Prevention (IPS) Systems
- Write/modify IDS/IPS signatures
- Define SIEM content
- Determine/recommend new detection/prevention methods/capabilities
- Install/configure/administer Unix/Linux boxes
- Possess basic understanding of Regular Expressions (RegExes)
BS degree in IT-related field; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI Eligibility
- 6+ years of experience deploying various network defense tools (i.e. IDS, IPS, Packet Capture, Flow, Session, SIEM, Proxy, Web Content Filtering, SSL Decryption)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- JSP Computing Environment
- DoD 8570 IASAE/CSSP-A Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Status: Contract/Temporary