Contract 24-36 Months, M-F 40 hours weekly
Work is on site with Client in SCIF> Days, times are rotational due to Covid -19 Social distance, within the SCIF
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance – Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
Will be part of a team developing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining geospatial image processing algorithms with focus on photogrammetric/geomatics applications using data from multiple sensors and platforms. Will be responsible for working with a large system engineering and analysis team to provide algorithm specification, design, and implementation for a multi-mission operational image processing data system, primarily in support of autonomous in-flight geometric calibration, co-registration, orthorectification, and mapping of imagery obtained during remote-sensing operations. It assumes responsibilities for advanced integration and automation of processes associated with the extraction of information from the sensor data, its compilation into 3D spatial databases, and subsequent exploration, management and archiving. It will help assure the state-of-the-art capabilities in detection, identification, correlation and extraction of spatial and temporal characteristics of data in support of remote sensing mapping.
Will have significant interaction with analysts, developers, system engineers, external partners and the sponsor.
· Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or PhD degree and 1 year of related experience.
· Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following fields: a) digital photogrammetry, b) image understanding, c) stereo vision, d) optimization algorithms.
· Broad knowledge in one or more of the following related fields: numerical analysis, data analysis, mathematical modeling.
· Experience in programming in Python and C/C++ in Linux environment.
· Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
· Active TS/SCI Clearance.
· Experience with AWS.
· Experience using Git, a revision control system.
· Exposure to Agile software development..
· Familiarity with Anaconda and conda environments.
· Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
· Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment.
· Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing.