Job Type : Contract 6-12 month
Location/City : CA - Cupertino
Category : Mechanical
Region : Pacific
Id : 25689
Our client designs and builds fully automated conveyor systems for various industries (Food/Bev, Pharma/Med device, Automotive, etc) This location is responsible for customers in the Western US. All design work is completed here. The actual build is performed at their corporate facility. They require a Applications Engineer (BSME) who is a skilled CAD Designer as well.
This role will require collaboration with customers to take concept through design, build and implementation. Tasks will be assigned by a project manager. They will then be responsible for working with the customer and the internal engineering staff to complete the project. This role will work on projects for general (not key) customers with low to medium complexity and impact, with mostly content of less than $500,000. However, this may include robotics, pick and place systems, conveyors and some special purpose machine design.
In addition to the engineering duties, this person will be responsible for creating 3D designs on Inventor and/or AutoCAD 3D (vers 2014) tool. They will put together concept design packages for customer review, system analysis, perform site audits/feasibility studies, final system designs for Customer acceptance, developing a bill of materials, ordering of all mechanical hardware and supply of detailed drawings for fabrication.
Main tasks and requirements
- Prepares cost estimate for all aspects of the RFQ. This will include internal customer materials, outside buys, peripheral equipment, controls, assembly labor, installation and travel expenses.
- Generates a written proposal clearly outlining the scope of work, proposed solution, description of operation, and deliverables. This document serves as our legal contract to the customer when the order is placed.
- Supports sales engineers in customer calls for quotations of complex systems or when the collection of more technical information or further details is necessary.
- Reviews RFQ concepts with internal teams, customer, and salesman.
- Prepares CAD layouts for the system concept demonstrating the proposed solution.
- Asks for quotations from external suppliers and evaluate estimates
- Evaluates formal customer RFQ documents and interpreting clients' requirements.
- Ability to understand and specify requirements for simulation requirements with our central resources.
- BSME (or comparable degree)
- 5-10 years Mechanical project management
- 5-10 years equipment design experience
-Proficient in the use of computer aided design methods and the execution of projects in 2 and 3 dimensional representation (Inventor, AutoCad 2016, AutoCAD 3D)
- Communication Skills, both written and oral
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Customer awareness and interaction
- Good technical writing skills
- Technical drawing
- General engineering principles, with the ability to detail design mechanisms and components.
- MS Office (Word for proposal, Excel for customer sheet)
- AutoCAD Tools 2D/3D, Inventor or SolidWorks
- Will be required to utilize specific internal tools for estimating and proposal preparation FLQT/DT
- Fluent English, spoken and written
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Applications Engineer (#25689-MH1639)|