Contract position 6+ months, M-F 40 hours
Active Secret Clearance is required
Individual will work under the supervision of the Director of Internal Audit and will be expected to accomplish assigned sections of audit programs. Individual will be expected to identify issues, propose solutions and elevate as appropriate to supervisor to ensure proper resolution. Must be able to effectively interact with people being audited and other staff members.
- Assists in preparing sections of the annual plan.
- Performs a variety of Internal Audits of systems and procedures that focus on Internal Controls under the supervision and guidance of a senior auditor or audit manager.
- Develops programs for and conducts financial, systems and/or operational audits in such areas as internal controls and procedures, time and labor charging, pricing, estimating, accounting for unallowable costs, disclosure, material management accounting system and the like. Prepares reports summarizing audit findings, reviews them with management and makes recommendations.
- Interfaces with government and customer auditors as required.
- Provides experienced professional level assistance while conducting audits of operations. Reviews organization structure, controls, policies and procedures. Determines the nature and extent of auditing required and adjusts or extends audit programs where necessary.
- Performs assigned internal audits under the direction of Internal Audit Manager.
- Completes work papers that support audit positions and briefs manager on the audit progress.
- Performs audit program steps and documents work papers in accordance with International Standards. Seeks guidance from supervisor to ensure work papers comply with the Standards.
- Brings potential issues to supervisor after researching issues and developing proposed solutions.
- Assists in the design and execution of audit test programs to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with regulations
- Understands the role of internal audit as being independent of the group being audited and keeps an open mind with respect to information obtained during audit.
- Conducts interviews of selected personnel for the purpose of documenting and evaluating business processes to determine the adequacy of internal controls.
- Meets with clients/stakeholders for the purpose of presenting audit findings and recommendations.
- Works with Internal Audit Manager and Director to assist with the preparation of materials for Audit Committee meetings.
- Assists with coordinating and developing responses to DCAA/DCMA audit requests.
- Researches assigned GAAP/compliance questions and prepares summary for manager review.
- Offers process improvement solutions aimed at assisting management in attaining goals and objectives.
OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Becomes knowledgeable about PeopleSoft accounting systems, A-133 (Uniform Guidance) process and basic federal acquisition regulation requirements.
- Assists with training to staff throughout Client on FAR, DFARS, CAS, and the importance of compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field (such as business administration, finance, or public administration) that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) in accounting (may include up to 6 hours of business law).
- 3-5 years of public and/or internal auditing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials and/or data warehouse.
- Must be able to multi-task.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary