AutoCAD 3D Designer
Job Type : Contract 6-12 month
Location/City : SC - Greenville
Category : Mechanical
Region : Mid-Atlantic
Id : 25633
Mechanical - AutoCAD 3D Designer
Contract Assignment 4-6 months
M-F 40 hours weekly
Our client designs and builds customized conveyor systems for various industries (Food/Bev, Pharma/Med device, Automotive, etc) This location is responsible for customers in the southeast region. All design work is completed here. The actual build is performed at their corporate facility. They require a skilled AutoCAD designer to create a mix of 2D and 3D designs to span the whole design lifecycle. They will put together concept design packages for customer review, final system designs for Customer acceptance, and everything in between. The "everything in between" will require accessing existing parts library for components (to be used "as-is" or with some modification) for the new application, creating brackets, supports, etc to incorporate parts into the design, incorporating COTS components to the design, creating BOMs from parts lists, and assisting in compiling the final system design package for customer approval. Upon customer acceptance, the final step will be to create the Assembly drawings for use by the corporate fabrication team. There are several on-going projects that this person will be involved with.
Operates computer-aided design (CAD) system, several employer-created software programs and peripheral equipment to facilitate the creation of drawings, parts lists, and quotes, and assist in running projects under the direction of Project Engineers.
- Responsible for assisting in the conceptual layout of systems as requested by customers maintaining compliance with ISO standards and utilizing AutoCAD 3D
- Responsible for creating parts lists for cost estimates.
- Responsible for small device design utilizing pneumatic cylinders, machined plastics, and metals, formed metals and structural supports.
- Research previous drawings or quotes and modify create new quotes per customer requirements.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for new applications.
- Enters specified commands into computer to retrieve design information from file and display design on CAD equipment display screen.
- Keys in specified information to produce graphic representation (hard copy) of design for review and approval by engineering and design staff.
- Communicates in writing and orally with co-workers, sales people, and customers to meet design, function, and pricing requirements.
Proficient in the use of computer aided design methods and the execution of projects in 2 and 3 dimensional representation (AutoCad 2016, AutoCAD 3D)
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: AutoCAD 3D Designer (#25633-MH1639)|