Big Data Engineer
Big Data Engineer
Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to collect, process, and analyze large sets of data. This worker will primarily be responsible for creating data and enriching data for the machine learning group
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Machine Learning team within a highly respected and cutting edge automotive company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Work closely with the algorithm developers of the autonomous system to identify potentials for more effective use of our vast data resources for functional development, model training and system evaluation.
- Design and implement scalable data generation pipelines for machine learning projects from both simulations and real data.
- Design and implement the evaluation tools for efficient performance comparisons for machine learning projects.
- Focus is on data transformation, data preparation, and extraction of valuable data sets for machine learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years of applicable experience with Big Data.
- Working experience in C++ and Python programming.
- Excellent working skills in Linux systems.
- Working experience in architecting and implementing workflows for large-scale data processing.
- Working experience in robotic or automotive frameworks (e.g. ROS)
- System integration and software architecture skills.
These skills are a plus:
- Experience with working in large corporations, including complex network architecture across multiple continents
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary