Job Type : Contract 6-12 month
Location/City : MA - Andover
Category : Manufacturing
Region : Northeast
Id : 25394
Contract 6 months
M-F 40 hours weekly
The primary function of this position is the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services to support the company's production plans in compliance with FDA, ISO, and GMP Standards.
- Ensures compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Engineering to implement the best solution for new products and design iterations.
- Plans, schedules and places purchase orders with suppliers and ensures orders are executed to schedule.
- Support production plan development using MRP analysis; create and manage orders to meet plan.
- Train company personnel and ensure adherence to company Web-based e-Purchase Requisition System.
- Verifies purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, turns requisitions into purchase orders and forwards purchase order to suppliers.
- Work with materials manager to reduce non-value added steps in purchasing process.
- Negotiates with current and potential suppliers regarding pricing and delivery.
- Works with distribution to resolve purchase order receiving issues and returns of material to suppliers.
- Works with finance to help resolve invoicing issues.
- Manages and monitors supplier delivery performance.
- Solicits competitive quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- In addition to the essential functions listed above, other responsibilities and key result areas as assigned, including maintaining inventory of office and kitchen supplies.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- High School Diploma (or GED) required.
Experience / Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing.
- With at least 1-3 years ERP or MRP experience. Experience with Expandable ERP Software System highly desired.
- ISM or APICS certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Good organizational skills with high level of attention to detail.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Buyer (#25394-MH1639)|