CAD Systems Administrator
Direct Hire, US Citizen, Active Secret Clearance is preferred or TS
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
** Client has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all Client employees. This will be a condition of employment to work at this client.
Due to the nature of this work, this job requires on-site presence in Cambridge, MA. Flexible hours and/or schedule will be determined between the employee and hiring manger.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to tackle challenging problems in the management and administration of engineering computing resources. As a CAD Systems Administrator you will be responsible for delivering solutions to our hardware development teams in diverse application areas including Cloud Computing, Compute Server Management, Job Scheduling, Design Management and Regression Control.
Working alongside Clients Information Technology Services department, you will provide support for Hardware Engineering’s critical IT infrastructure, applications, and core services hosted on RedHat Linux systems. You will ensure continuous and optimized operation and provisioning of IT systems. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams with opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to a variety of projects.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of computing architectures
- 2 years’ experience in RedHat Linux system administration, supporting production systems and core utility services in a complex enterprise environment
- 2 years’ experience developing scripts and automating tasks with shell and scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python and Ansible playbooks
- Understanding of and professional experience with multiple system administration areas, including operating systems, virtualization, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), clusters, storage, monitoring, configuration systems management, high availability, backup, and recovery.
- Experience in applying tools and methods to manage computer cluster load
- Understanding of how to effectively apply cloud computing solutions for engineering tasks
- Experience in setting up server-client solutions
- Usage of data management solutions
- Experience providing H/W solutions for ASIC or FPGA design teams
- Understanding of best practices in regards to data security (this position will include handling confidential company data).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and balance competing priorities like requests, production support incidents, change requests, scheduled maintenance, and project work.
- Positive approach with customers; ability to cooperate and communicate well within the global team.
- Familiarity with ITSM methodology, including incident and change management.
- Existing Secret or Top Secret clearance.