Circuit Design Engineer
Circuit Design Engineer
Contract 12+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
Santa Clara, CA (remote to start due to COVID-19)
About the Job
Our client develops high-performance computing and visualization ASIC products to solve some of the world’s toughest and most interesting challenges. We are searching for an high-speed custom analog/mixed-signal Circuit Design Engineer.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding ASIC development company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Creating state-of-the-art, high-speed custom analog/mixed-signal circuits for SERDES designs on advanced technologies.
- This includes defining circuit specifications, area/power/schedule estimates, and floorplans
- designing and implementing custom analog, mixed signal, and digital circuits
- thoroughly and efficiently simulating and verifying the design, incorporating scripting and simulation automation where possible
- defining detailed layout plans and directing/supervising layout engineers
- performing logic timing analysis
- doing all back-end physical design checks
- clearly and thoroughly reporting and documenting design progress and design review materials
- working closely with layout, logical design, physical design, firmware, and test/validation teams
- developing silicon validation, characterization, and test plans
- facilitating silicon testing and debugging activities.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering. (MS degree preferred)
- Looking for someone with experience in and knowledge of high-speed analog design techniques
- DDR/GDDR/SERDES experience preferred
- process technologies and effects on device and circuit behavior/performance
- EDA tools (Cadence, HSPICE, SPECTRE), and scripting
- with excellent documentation, presentation, communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- with high motivation and ability to drive tasks independently and efficiently, an enthusiastic team-first mentality, and an ability to work with and guide junior engineers
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.