Job Type : Temp to Perm
Location/City : PA - Carbondale
Category : Manufacturing
Region : Mid-Atlantic
Id : 25262
The role is a true Temp to Direct with client evaluation over 6 months.
Assignment is M-F 40 hours weekly with FTE conversion.
The metrology specialist is responsible for maintaining the systems necessary to convert data from traditional metrology equipment into dimensional reports for the purpose of dimensional disposition by quality planning and product engineering. Duties include traditional measurement, (including optical measurement, CMM, and hand held tools), setup and operation of CMM, development of part specific programming, selection of best methods for dimensional analysis, working with product development teams to utilize these data for dimensional disposition, and failure analysis.
- Associate Degree in Technical Field or equivalent experience (Engineering, Physics, Measurement, etc.) is required.
- B.S. in Technical Field (Engineering, Physics, Measurement, etc.) is desired.
A minimum of the following is preferred:
- 3 years of experience in dimensional inspection
- 2 years of experience with 3D scanning, reverse engineering, or metrology
1 year of experience in CNC/CMM programming
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite
Solid knowledge of GD&T
Detail oriented with excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Self-motivated with very good team skills, strong analytical skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Good mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
Recognizes failures and set-up problems
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to work independently or with minimal direction
Able to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
Proficiency with Engineering standard practices and with ISO 9001/AS9100
- Perform metrology inspection via CMM programming, or optical inspection as assigned, and fully manage incoming workload to meet the needs of our internal customers.
- Analyze dimensional results to give feedback to the product team.
- Set up dimensional inspection plans and perform datum alignments on CAD models.
- Convert scan data to applicable format for dimensional analysis.
- Create, execute, and provide feedback for Gage R&R, MSA, correlation studies and capability studies.
- Evaluate drawing to determine the best method to measure a part, work with, and provide feedback to engineering.
- Evaluate and select best methods to convey dimensional differences visually, perform sectioning, measurements and GD&T.
- Develop CMM related knowledge base, participate in the review of results with engineering and quality departments, and create best practices for the dimensional disposition process.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: CMM TECHNICIAN/Programmer (#25262-MH1639)|