U.S. Citizen. Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance. Six to twelve months assignment with conversion.
A senior-level Computational Engineer is needed for Linux based high performance computer.
You be optimizing performance, efficiency, and doing command line.
Responsible for the following:
- You will compile (with icc optimizations), install, and test HPC software for internal and external customers. Note, High Performance Computer consisting of 50,000+ processor cores
- Manage Linux license servers and licensed applications for internal and external HPC customers
- Write and troubleshoot custom job scheduler submission scripts for internal and external HPC customers
- Troubleshoot slow, hanging, or failing HPC jobs on internal or customer HPC clusters
- Automate repetitive tasks and implement custom solutions using scripting/programming languages such as bash or python
- Configure and troubleshoot a heterogeneous (QDR, FDR, EDR) InfiniBand network and associated subnet manager
- Provide guidance and support on HPC best practices and solutions for internal and external customers
- Design, test and implement an HPC environment consisting of a provisioner (e.g. xcat, warewulf), scheduler (e.g. Slurm, SGE, PBS), RDMA connections (e.g. InfiniBand), a subnet manager, and 5+ compute nodes
- Troubleshoot and monitor resource utilization/availability on Linux servers
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot HPC scheduler issues
- Install and configure cluster nodes on internal HPC cluster
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on HPC cluster nodes
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Masters Preferred
- 5+ years of scripting experience
- 5+ years of professional or personal experience using command line Linux
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S security clearance
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary