Continuous Monitoring Engineer (ConMon)
Our team is looking for a seasoned Cyber Security professional with experience in ConMon.
Serves as the Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Manager for the department in the execution of a comprehensive classified cybersecurity program as stipulated in various government customer requirements documents to include (but not limited to): NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD and associated NIST/Company policies. Will create, plan, coordinate, and implement ConMon (to include but not limited to self-inspections, security control assessments, training, log management systems, automated inventory utilities, etc.) for all Information Systems. Will assist in correcting deficiencies discovered during reviews. Will assist in the creation of processes which will promote the prevention of future deficiencies.
Interface with internal and external customers and stakeholders to meet ConMon objectives and ensure security is considered at all phases of the ConMon life cycle.
Candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic, deadline driven environment without appreciable direction. Additionally, candidate must possess excellent writing, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, and customer service skills that will assist them in contributing to and deciphering organizational objectives and translating them into solutions for complex technical compliance and security strategies and challenges. This position reports directly to the Cybersecurity Associate Director.
- This role requires an experienced Cybersecurity professional, with experience in ConMon.
- Experience with validating/assessing security controls
- Knowledge of information security principles, technical knowledge of common operating systems such as Windows clients and servers, Linux, and Cisco IOS.
- Proficiency in utilizing SCAP scans / SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC).
- Has or able to obtain industry certifications commensurate with role (e.g. CISSP) within 6 months of hire. Must have knowledge of the Risk Management Framework and NIST SP 800 series.
- 4 years’ experience in the areas of classified cybersecurity, compliance, systems engineering or information technology and BS degree in a related field. May substitute additional experience for education.
- Experience in the management and execution of an incident response plan to include administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the Investigations department.
- Experience in the deployment of Splunk and Nessus.
- Experience with dashboarding/reporting, ingesting new data sources, and administrating Splunk or related tool.
- Experience with DoD Contractor SIPRNet deployments
- Possess a current DoD 8570 - IAM III professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, GSLC, etc.).
- Must have current Secret Clearance.
- TS/SCI w/ CI Poly preferred.