You will work with R&D to help develop advanced control systems for robotic manipulators and similar electromechanical systems, including motion control and servo tuning, development of dynamic models, modeling and simulations in Matlab, and implementation of software on real-time platforms.
The other responsibilities include controls-related machine design analysis and selection of actuators, sensors and other controls-related components.
Skilled in general mathematical modeling and analysis.
· Familiarity with system dynamics and control systems theory.
· Thermal modeling and analysis. · Hands on experience with control systems and tuning. ·
Proficiency in using Matlab and MathCAD.
· Experience in C and C++ programming for Linux and for embedded systems.
· Some experience in electronic circuit design, prototyping, and troubleshooting.
The desirable skills · Theoretical background and experience in electrical and electronic system design. ·
Experience in digital and analog circuit design, embedded systems, interfacing with microcontrollers, power electronics design, and motion control. · Familiarity with optical design and opto-electronic components, such as laser diodes, photodiodes, transceiver circuits.
· Proficiency in OrCAD, PADS or similar design tools. · Lab skills, including soldering of components, rework of PCBAs.
Education Requirement: M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautic - similar engineering field.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.