Cyber Security Engineer
Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, independent company that helps to protect the health of the New England region’s economy and the well-being of its people by ensuring the constant availability of competitively-priced wholesale electricity. We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to assist in developing and maintaining cyber security tools and systems in support of cyber security monitoring and response operations.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding IT team.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Develop and maintain cyber security monitoring tools software and hardware
- Adhere to corporate policy and compliance standards when managing cyber security systems
- Monitor health of cyber security monitoring tools
- Draft and update documentation associated with cyber security monitoring tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science, or equivalent Education and experience.
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience
- US Citizen or permanent resident required
- Familiarity with Internet and application protocols.
- Familiarity with the UNIX and Windows Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with managing IT systems according to compliance standard
- Familiarity with cyber security tools.
- Knowledge of scripting/programming languages.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, VMware solutions, and Change Management concepts.
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and procedures
- Effective communication skills
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary