Data Analyst (Facilities)
Data Analyst (Facilities)
(2) Contract positions, 40 hours weekly 18 months
San Diego, CA
Onsite / able to work hybrid (3 days on/2 days WFH)
Role and responsibilities
- Implement Data Management (framework, consolidation, analysis support), Defining & Report Trends and Analyses.
- Improve tooling & business intelligence for CRE.
- Work closely with others to build capabilities, and drive automation and data analytics solutions within CRE.
- Develop within ASML standards; where standards are not in place, build to a standard and document appropriately.
- Ensure details of all projects are documented for sustainability.
- Actively work towards proficiency of proprietary software within ASML.
- Identify data automation and analytics gaps.
- Propose solutions.
- Establish project plans.
- Develop and manage projects.
- Implement, test, and release projects.
- Decide about design and implementation of master data governance/ownership, data management process, data quality measurements in the current and future data landscape.
- Own projects until formally passed to another entity.
- Regularly audit active projects with stakeholders to ensure project scopes are aligned with priorities.
- Train others and act as a knowledge resource to increase efficiency of development across the department.
- Presents recommendations and presentations to senior management.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination.
- Make decisions based on experience due to the lack of existing guidelines and outlined procedures by using judgment and ingenuity in interpreting the intent of the guidelines that do exist and in developing applications to specific areas of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree BS in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or other Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience required with a BS degree.
- Good verbal and written communications skills (English language) and working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Exercise judgement and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters.
Programming experience required in:
- Visual Basic or VBA.
- Time Series database.
Experience with the following desired:
- MS Project.
- Grafana or similar.
- Database Management.
- CMMS (Siemens).
Must be capable of:
- Working autonomously.
- Managing priorities and deadlines with little oversight.
- Communicating issues preemptively.
- Interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient use in all primary Microsoft Office programs.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must be a team player, Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude, work under deadlines, manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.