Data Communications Systems Analyst
Contract 6+ Months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, independent company that helps to protect the health of the New England region’s economy and the well-being of its people by ensuring the constant availability of competitively-priced wholesale electricity. We are looking for an experienced Data Communications Systems Analyst to assist with production support ofour Power System Modeling Management department.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Engineering team within the Power System Modeling Management department
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Analyze participant submittal of transmission equipment rating, characteristic and operational data
- Support and implement new RTU installation/testing process for new assets and changes to existing assets
- Support in monitoring, tuning and supporting critical data communication systems, including ICCP, CFE and RTU systems.
- Participate in team meetings to develop an understanding of the PSMM group tasks.
- Create and maintain scripts and applications used for support of ICCP, RTU, and other EMS applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent
- This position requires excellent analytical skills, and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to quickly respond to and resolve problems with all aspects of the communications computer systems, application software, user interface and data communications.
- Experience with UNIX scripting, PERL, Python, Microsoft .NET C# (Visual Studio)
- SCADA, RTU / ICCP Communications (DNP and TASE.2 protocols)
These skills are a plus:
- Power System Engineering experience
- Microsoft Access and Visual Basic or other programming language
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary