Design Engineer, System Integrator
Contract/ Contract to Direct after 18 months> M-F 40 hours weekly
We are seeking a Physicist/Engineer in a development and engineering role to support & develop complex optical / photonic sensor systems used within Client’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical / electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing SW functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the lithography system. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the tool is of fundamental importance.
Key component of this position are:
- General: Using general Physics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tool to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems (lithography equipment);
- Leadership: the candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities for determining problem root cause, execute complex tests, gather data, and effectively communicate results to managers, customers, and technical leadership ;
- Problem Solving: the candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop / debug algorithms; the candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes to develop and execute test plans to determine problem root cause;
- Communication: The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers. ;
- Programming: The candidate must possess the ability to implement data analysis techniques into functioning MATLAB codes. Optimization skills, GUI building experience, and familiarly with Labview and Python are a plus.
- Teamwork: Communicate effectively and cooperate in a constructive and empathetic colleagues and stakeholders. Be flexible. Proactively support others in accomplishing goals.
Minimum: Position requires a BS degree in Physics, Biomedical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on optical system, electronics or software design and analysis.
Two to five years of experience required. Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems or related experience desired. Strong emphasis problem solving and effective communication.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability;
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints; High energy, high level of dedication;
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
- A working knowledge of MatLab and for data collection and analysis to drive solutions;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments)