Design Engineer - Wafer Alignment Sensor
Design Engineer – Wafer Alignment Sensor
Contract 12-18 Months 40 hours weekly
Key component of this position are:
- Technical: Use general physics, electronics, mechanics, and software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tools to design and/or to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems (lithography equipment).
- Problem Solving: Able to troubleshoot complex problems on complex systems, develop/debug algorithms; use analytical processes to develop and execute test plans to qualify new features or determine problem root causes.
- Leadership: Able to lead engineers and technicians in activities to execute complex tests, gather data and qualify new features or determine problem root causes.
- Communication: Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing activities/investigations to managers, customers and technical leadership.
- Programming: The candidate must possess the ability to implement data analysis techniques into functioning MATLAB codes. Optimization skills, GUI building experience, and familiarly with Labview and Python are a plus.
- Travel: Nominal travel ( < ~10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
MS in Physics (PhD preferred), Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on optical system, electronics or software design and analysis, or equivalent experience.
- Applicants with a related bachelor’s degree and significant related experience will be considered.
- Three to five years of experience required.
- Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems or related experience desired.
- Strong emphasis problem solving and effective communication.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints; High energy, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- Have a working knowledge of MatLab for data collection and analysis to drive solutions.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups, work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.