Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Analyst
Contract 40 hours weekly
M-F, 100% onsite, moving to (2) days per week on site (Monday & Friday)
4-6 month, possibly longer.
Desktop Support Analyst based out of our Woburn, MA office. This is a temporary role opportunity.
The role is responsible for the resolution of a variety of desktop-related problems revolving around hardware, operating system, applications and network connectivity. This role requires strong communication and analytical skills. The Analyst must demonstrate a commitment to working through problem resolution and completing tasks with a high level of efficiency. The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for providing all first line technical support by managing the help desk queue and resolving tier 1 issues.
- Provide customer satisfaction in the area of desktop services, providing a good level of technical expertise, and in a timely fashion
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in association with end user devises and/or software
- Provision user desktops, laptops, and other equipment as necessary
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment
- Responsible for creating and removing email accounts, distribution lists, resource mailboxes, etc.
- Responsible for deploying and administering all end-user operating systems running both Windows 10 and Linux distros
- Responsible for resolving issues pertaining to applications running on end-user operating systems
- Responsible for end-user backup software Veritas DLO Desktop Agent
- Responsible for sending tapes offsite to Iron Mountain
- Responsible for purchasing equipment and software as well as managing their inventory
- Responsible for managing file share permissions and access to network printers
- Responsible for setting up and assisting with company meetings
- Must be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding staff
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience providing end-user support in a Microsoft Windows environment
- At least 3 years of experience providing end-user support in a Linux environment
- Basic understanding of ethernet (L2) and TCP/IP networking
- Experienced in troubleshooting applications, hardware and remediation of viruses/malware
- Basic VPN troubleshooting experience and account setup
- Familiarity with Windows services DHCP & DNS
- Experience with supporting Linux and Windows users in a software development environment would be a plus
- Familiarity with Manage Engine Desktop Central would be a benefit
- VMware experience – deploying virtual machines and basic troubleshooting.
- Creating and managing objects in active directory (i.e. users, groups, distribution lists)
- Managing users in RSA Authentication Manager 8.x as well provisioning hardware and software tokens
- Experience with managing applications like Acronis Snap deploy
- Experience managing SharePoint user access and permissions
- Experience managing Microsoft BitLocker encryption software
- Experience managing Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus software. Typical responsibility would be in the remediation of threats
- Experience supporting MathWorks products (i.e., MatLab & Toolboxes)
- Experience managing Adobe Team online accounts
- Experience managing Webex Meeting and Webex accounts
Job Status: Contract/Temporary