Electrical Engineer - Signal Integrity and Power Integrity
Contract 3-6 months [possible extension(s)]
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
Redondo Beach, CA
About the Job
Our client develops high-performance data converters with cutting edge technology that can enable higher performance, lower power and smaller systems for RF products. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who is an expert in Signal Integrity and Power Integrity with at least 5 years of experience using ANSYS Electronics Desktop tools.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding company on the leading edge of RF mixed-signal chip technology
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Candidate should be expert at running signal and power integrity simulations on packages and board with little to no supervision
- Candidate should be able to perform extractions preferably from Cadence for specification verifications but also perform optimizations unsupervised when necessary
- Candidate should be expert at analyzing post simulation and know when results are not valid and model setup needs to be examined
- Candidate should know when to use AEDT layout and AEDT HFSS
- Candidate should be able to multitask (pre and post processing while simulations are running)
- Candidate should be able to run SI Wave for power integrity and be able to discuss the limitations of SI Wave versus Red Hawk
- Candidate should know when to section a large model and concatenate in a circuit modeler and when to run end to end models
- BS Physics is preferred with BS Electrical Engineering is satisfactory
- A strong knowledge of electromagnetics is required
- Background in high speed digital (>20Gbps) AND analog (>30GHz) signal modeling using AEDT (ANSYS Electronics Desktop) for electromagnetic modeling and analysis
- Ability to summarize their simulations/extractions/optimizations clearly in reports for layout engineers and customers
- Ability to model basic components (connectors, embedded filters, capacitors, inductors)
- Training as a signal integrity engineer with academic classes, industry classes or seminars is required
- Working on location in Redondo Beach, CA, is preferred
- Candidate should have a working relationship with ANSYS application engineering and understand and use their support process
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary