Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the electrical design for a next-generation semiconductor manufacturing system. A successful candidate will have experience in formal product development lifecycle processes and electrical engineering competence including the definition of electrical requirements and electrical architecture.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Electrical Engineering team in the semi-conductor manufacturing industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Responsibilities of this role include electrical design and team leadership
- Collaborating with team members across disciplines and functional departments
- Capturing detailed subsystem level requirements and interface specifications
- Performing feasibility investigations to inform design
- Documenting subsystem designs including key design decisions and rationale
- Driving component selection for key components
- Performing schematic capture, circuit simulation and/or similar design tasks as needed
- Providing design inputs and guidance to local and remote team members
- Specifying custom cable assemblies if/when required
- Leading design reviews
- Documenting assembly instructions when required
- Preparing Test Procedures and documenting test results
- Coordinating with Project Manager to estimate and plan work schedules, identify risks and mitigation plans, and to report status on the team’s efforts
The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead one or more small teams in subsystem-level electrical design including requirements assessment, electrical architecture, key components selection and board level detailed design through system integration and test. Depending on the subsystem assigned, responsibilities may be limited to a single board design, or may include assemblies comprised of multiple boards and/or cabling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in an engineering role including activities across the product development life cycle from concept to release.
- Experience designing complex highly reliable systems
- Experience providing leadership to small teams, preferably offshore
Experience in two or more of the following technical specialties is required:
- Systems Engineering and Architecture design
- Review of electrical designs and DFMEA
- Applying best practices for Design for Manufacturing, Design for Test, etc
- Analog and Mixed-Signal design including
- Experience with schematic capture tools (Altium, Cadence, Mentor)
- Experience with analog circuit simulation tools (e.g. Spice)
- Familiarity with PCB layout tools (Altium, Cadence, Mentor)
- High Speed Digital Hardware design
- Experience with Signal integrity analysis (e.g. Hyperlynx)
- FPGA RTL design, simulation and test bench development
- Experience with digital simulation tools (e.g. Modelsim)
- Experience with HDL languages such as VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog
- Motor control and electro-mechanical design
- Control Systems Modeling, Feedback (SISO)
Desired Leadership Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, action oriented, and a persistent achiever. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally in a highly technical environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead by example, manage by influence, and to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization. The candidate will demonstrate a devotion to product quality with robust attention to detail and significant experience planning and leading design reviews, risk mitigation, simulation, EMC and safety testing activities.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary