3+ Month term with possible extension
M-F 40 hours weekly
Tasks & Responsibilities
Work in a fast-paced results-oriented environment, participating in designing the next generation robotic systems for a variety of domestic and international customers. The staff electrical engineer will support various analog, digital, mixed-signal, and cabling design as project requirements dictate. The staff electrical engineer will be responsible for problem solving under general supervision and review from senior engineers.
Tasks may include support of existing systems, PCB design, cable design, or associated documentation tasks. Activities may range from supporting the development of a new system to integration of a new or existing payload on an existing system.
Staff electrical engineers frequently develop test plans and perform testing of electrical and system designs as well as participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting. The staff electrical engineer will work on multidisciplinary (mechanical, software, systems) project teams. Some (<15%) travel to customer sites may be required to support testing and repair activities.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with strong EE background, plus 1-4 years’ experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with “hands-on” testing and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with use of basic diagnostics tools such as digital multimeters and oscilloscopes
- One or more of analog, digital, or mixed signal circuit design experience
- Competency with soldering and shop hand tools
- Cable assembly and wire harness design experience
- Flexible, self-starting, desire to solve any problem
- Working knowledge of any of OrCAD, PADS, AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, I2C, USB, & Ethernet
- PCB design experience with Altium Designer
- High speed digital design experience
- Power electronics design experience
- Motor controller design experience
- Working knowledge of one of MATLAB, C / C++, Visual C#
- Prior work in the field of robotics