Contract/ Contract to Direct 6-12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
Must be a US Citizen, who is clearable.
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the development, design, and testing of high-reliability digital and analog electronics for inertial navigation systems based on gyroscopes and accelerometers for use in military aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms.
Candidate must be proficient in circuit design, analysis using industry-standard analysis tools and circuit card layout. Must include knowledge of component selection process including derating.
Candidate experience should include DSP, FPGA, communications and analog/digital conversion interfaces as well as some supporting low and medium power conversion and control circuitry.
This is a senior-level technical position responsible for developing concepts and architectures, producing design decision and verification test documentation, presenting materials for peer review, and supporting development activities through integration, qualification and into production. Responsibilities also include producing requirements-based electronic hardware implementing traceable verification testing procedures to meet rigorous, civilian certifiable hardware development processes.
- Strong circuit design skills, including high-speed bus and peripherals
- Analyze proposals and contribute to specification generation and documentation
- Architect circuit solutions for small signal to medium power, analog and digital
- Generate test, integration and qualification plans
- Concurrent engineering with mechanical discipline with respect to circuit thermal performance
- Organize, develop and conduct research studies, investigations, or analyses directed toward the solution of moderately complex technical problems
- Gather, correlate and analyze technical information necessary to the accomplishment of assigned tasks. Prepares and presents peer design reviews.
- Circuit design for performance, signal integrity, EMI
- Component stress analysis
- Knowledge of layout techniques for signal integrity and EMI
Related Skills/Experience Bonus
- Experience with defense/aerospace hardware/environments, DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-PRF-454
- Knowledge in Complex Electronic Hardware certification IAW DO-178, DO-254 processes
- Reliability MTBF calculation
- Preferred having DOORS requirements management experience
- Good knowledge of current embedded processor and SoC platforms
- Knowledge in C, C++, VHDL is valuable
- Test and Lab Instrumentation (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Altium schematic/layout tools, Mentor signal integrity tools
- Communication protocols: UART, SPI, ARINC429, MUX1553, Ethernet
- High speed bus designs: PCI Express, DDR memory, SpaceWire
- Xilinx Zynq SoC, Microsemi SmartFusion SoC
- Engineering Tools: DOORS, Matlab, MathCad, ECAD (Altium preferred), Microsoft Office
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, M.S. preferred
- 12+ years in electronics design and development
- U.S. citizen; have or have the ability to obtain a DOD Security clearance
Job Status: Contract/Temporary