Contract 6+ Months (contract-to-hire)
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
The Electrical Engineer works with a cross-functional team of software, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineers, as well as, directly interfacing with customers and third-party support organizations to successfully execute projects and support customers. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for all aspects of system design including, but not limited to; concept ideas, architecture, documentation, and design execution resulting in client satisfaction..
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding industrial integration company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Ensure that projects are executed in line with business priorities and cost plans set out in the project’s scope of work.
- Ensure that the activities of the project team are conducted in a cross-functional manner, with good working relationships with personnel throughout the company.
- Assist the Project Lead with the development and maintenance of the functional specification.
- Provide estimates for project scoping, assigned work, and guidance in estimation to other engineers on current team as required.
- Work closely with the Project Lead in the preparation of project communications, reports and progress tracking.
- Track activity progress, escalating unresolved issues and potential risks to the Project Lead and or Director.
- Use of module and reusable design methods to development custom systems and products.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator on part procurement and delivery.
- Work closely with Operations on the assembly and test of the system.
- Troubleshoot complex, random failures reported in the field through local simulation of environment or on-site activities at the customer’s facility and complex analysis of reported data.
- Participate in and lead detailed reviews of electrical designs for projects.
- Test and debug designs, as well as support other engineers on the project as part of development activity.
- Delivery of the industrial documents ensuring that best practices and company processes and procedures are followed.
- Development and promotion of best practices and definition of standard procedures.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new development tools and technologies, as well as electrical development process improvements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years of related professional experience or Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent related professional experience.
- Competent use of Electrical CAD tools set; AutoCAD Electrical, Eagle, etc.
- Experience with industrial electrical system wire layout
- Experience with wire harness design
- Experience with power distribution design
- Proficient use of typical lab equipment such as microscopes, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, printing systems, etc.
- Proficient in soldering, crimping, and point to point wiring
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Pneumatic and fluid flow analysis, fluid dynamics to determine pressures and flow rates for a given system
- Ability to think at the system level and have full understanding of the interactions between functions.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Knowledge of the planning tools and methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of electrical design and trouble shooting
- Experience and proven success in the development of complex electrical products
- Background in industrial inkjet technology is preferred
- Strong analytical and decisions making skills
- Good client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Willing to travel as needed to support the continuity of the business
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary