Senior Electrical Engineer
Contract 6+ months (potential for temp-to-perm conversion)
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team that is responsible for designing and developing products for aerospace and military weapon systems, which includes missiles, guided rockets, smart munitions, and more. Specifically, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for electronic system circuit design, analyses, fabrication management, test, and hands-on work required to mature hardware into a mature qualified and producible product.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customer’s requirements.
- Choosing a design architecture that meets the performance, EMI, reliability, and cost targets.
- Detailed design and analysis of the electronic control units to be compliant with requirements.
- Considering and balancing cost, technical, schedule, and risk.
- Interfacing with the project team and customer(s).
- Generate/review technical specifications and reports to satisfy internal and external deliverables.
- Perform breadboard level tests on new development products.
- Mentor junior level electrical engineers
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience designing electrical circuits in aerospace.
- New Product Development experience in aerospace/military industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan, organize work in one or more projects concurrently.
- Experience in designing and testing analog and digital circuits and controllers.
- Experience with electric motor drives preferred.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work closely with a team of engineers and technicians and comfortable in laboratory environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
These skills are a plus:
- Individual that takes ownership for work product and enjoys hands-on engagement of hardware from product design through production.
- Good communication skills (written and oral); experienced presenter comfortable giving presentations to peers and customers.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.