Contract Assignment 3 Years
M-F 40 hours weekly, US Citizen with Secret Clearance is preferred, or candidate with the ability to obtain an interim and pass CBI
Work is ON SITE
Designs, develops, and tests electrical devices and equipment, including communications systems, power generators, motors and navigation systems, and electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft. Oversees the manufacturing of these devices, systems, and equipment. Designs new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products. Performs detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications. Directs manufacturing, installing, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes. Investigates complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions. Works with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget. Designs electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications. Analyzes customer needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan. Develops maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment. Evaluates systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair. Inspects electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations. Plans and develops applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems to improve technical performance.
The Advanced Lasercom Systems and Operations Group develops, builds, tests, and operates laser communications systems for a variety of applications and environments. Lasercom offers dramatically increased data rates and enhanced physical security relative to standard radio frequency-based communications systems. The Group has expertise in communications; optics; electro-optics; optical turbulence mitigation; precise pointing control systems; embedded systems; command, control, and telemetry; high-speed digital design, test set design and fabrication; data analysis; modeling; and simulation. Group 66 is in need of an Engineer II for the design of high-speed, complex digital architectures necessary to support a lasercom system.
• Good communication skills: willingness to listen to the needs of engineers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of electrical hardware design.
• Experience performing detailed electrical analysis and design for high speed digital systems, and power distribution
• Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout/oversight
• Experience supporting fabrication and assembly
• Experience with debugging prototypes and performing functional verification
• Familiarity with signal and power integrity design and analysis with SI simulation oversight
• Experience in high-rel space based rad tolerant designs
• Experience with wireless communications systems
• Experience implementing high speed frame-based networking protocols such as OTN packet-based protocols such as 10G Ethernet