Electronics Development Project Manager
Electronic Development Project Manager
Direct hire position, full benefits and guarantee sign on bonus
- Motivate the team to push the envelope, quality and sense of urgency.
- Have excellent understanding of product development flow.
- Have the capability to take high-level requirements and map them into the appropriate electrical development team resources to ensure successful delivery per top-level program plan.
- Keep the team focused and motivated throughout the development cycle.
- Have the capability to create and maintain a project plan for the electrical development team.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
Education and experience
- BS Engineering with a major in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of relevant design experience.
- Experience in project management of complex engineering systems.
- Proven record for product delivery.
- System understanding of electronics projects (both hardware and software).
- Good process background: Project management certification a plus.
- Ability to understand systems specifications, test specifications and reports.
- Ownership mentality–desire to deliver top quality at right cost, first time right.
- Highly motivated–desire to solve problems and succeed (self-starter and driven).
- Good written and oral communications skills–ability to provide project planning with sound technical trade-off arguments.
- Good team player who works well in a multi-discipline, multi-cultural high-technology environment.
- Led project team of 5-20 engineers.
Required technical experience:
- Electronic Product Design (NPI).
- Digital Logic Development (FPGA).
- Familiarity with electronics manufacturing.
Soft skill requirements:
- Technical Presentation Skills. Experience presenting to executive leadership.
- Strong English communication skills–both written and oral.
- Experience working in a project-oriented team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.