Electronics System Engineer
Electronics Systems Engineer
Contract 12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
The Electronics Systems Engineer is responsible for specification, conceptual design, planning, and development of electronic systems in areas of considerable scope and complexity for the industry’s leading micro-lithography systems
Additional responsibilities include:.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Mechatronics Systems and Software Development.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration/testing, data collection, and analyzing the effectiveness of the resulting data
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the control electronics within the Client products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members
The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
Education: Bachelor or Master (preferred) of Science degree with major in any/several of the following:
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- High-Speed architectures
Experience: 10-12 years of Electronics Systems Development including 5-10 years designing electronics systems
Qualification: Specify & design all aspects of electronic development such as:
- Multiple years of experience as designer of electronic functions and sub-systems, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic systems design and specification. Also knowledge and experience of computer systems is preferred
- System understanding of DSP implementations (both hardware and software)
- Understanding and knowledge of key aspects of motion control systems
- Experience in developing and modeling real-time signal processing algorithms with working knowledge of Matlab or similar modeling software
- Ability to support the testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level using standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum
- Ownership mentality – desire to deliver top quality at right cost, right time
- Quality focus
- Good written and oral communications skills – ability to provide technical arguments to influence direction