Embedded Software Engineer
M-F 40 hours weekly 12+ Months
The candidate will support our efforts in the development of real-time, highly reliable embedded system software. Activities will include the participation in the entire software life cycle from requirements definition through final software testing. The individual will be expected to maintain state-of-the-art technical expertise in embedded software design. This position shall include interfacing with other technical and program areas both internally and externally.
· M.S. or B.S. in EE/CS or equivalent,
· 10+ years’ experience in real time embedded software development.
· Working knowledge of computer architecture and device-level software.
· Knowledge and experience in the design, coding and testing of guidance, navigation and control system software or fault detection, isolation and reconfiguration management software is preferred.
· Excellent communication and writing skills are necessary.
· Candidate must be highly proficient in C, Python, Unix, ARINC 653, UML/SysML, PowerPC architecture, and design assurance standards (NASA & FAA preferred).
· Experience with DOORs, Atlassian tools, GIT essential.
· Knowledge & experience in software system safety (e.g. MIL-STD-882e) desired.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary