Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
100% Remote work
We are recruiting Engineering Project Managers with experience in multiple disciplines including: Mechanical, Electrical, Electromechanical, and Software. Must be experienced in leading complex development efforts from concept to product release. You will lead global engineering teams in developing new products for the capital equipment, consumer product, medical device, automotive and/or other various industries. You will coordinate directly with leadership from both internal Engineering and the end client, and drive the execution for multiple teams through a rigorous project lifecycle process. Routine responsibilities would include confirming or negotiating scope with the client, updating schedules and project plans, re-estimating remaining work and risk, preparing internal and client status reports, and facilitating project team meetings and status meetings.
Our engineers are systems thinkers who optimize architectural decomposition across system, subsystem, module and component. We collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines and organizational boundaries in order to deliver the required functional performance, with unparalleled system reliability and with an eye to future maintainability and extensibility.
Our engineers earn a high level of trust from our clients and colleagues, allowing us to make a visible and meaningful impact on all decisions impacting the product development process. We conduct feasibility investigations, elicit and elaborate complex requirements, formulate and assess architectures to address the unique complexities of each product, and suggest creative risk mitigation and system verification approaches to prove that the product will perform in a variety of ‘real world’ uses, and fail gracefully under foreseeable misuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- 5-10 Years’ experience in delivery of complex products including 3-5 years in leadership roles with end-to-end ownership of key deliverables
- Demonstrated progression of responsibility from individual contributor to team leadership
- Experience decomposing complex tasks into smaller functional blocks and applying the appropriate staff or teams to deliver against these.
- Demonstrated capability managing risk on complex programs – identifying and prioritizing risks, accelerating the discovery of issues or constraints, and executing meaningful remediation plans which improve project outcomes.
- Experience driving scope tradeoffs and technical decisions and obtaining formal management or customer approval for change orders, in order to meet schedule milestones
- Experience following rigorous formal product development processes in order to ensure product quality and maintainability
- Understanding of financial analysis for engineering projects
- Experience managing project plans in Microsoft project
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills including excellent client facing skills - the ability to work effectively with customers and executives to align technical solutions to business needs
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed (when COVID-19 restrictions allow safe travel)
The preferred candidate comes from an engineering development background. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally in a highly technical environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead by example, manage by influence, and to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization. The candidate should have experience collaborating with global engineering teams on at least two projects. The candidate will demonstrate a devotion to product quality with appreciation for design reviews, prototyping, and test-driven development. The ideal candidate would also have experience working with sales staff to turn compelling solutions into winning business proposals.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.