Prototype Technician - Medical Device
Direct Hire with Full Benefits
The Engineering & Procurement Technician role is responsiblefor building prototype devices and related assembly & test fixtures, aswell as testing and verification of medical devices in support of developmentactivities by engineering and scientific staff. She/he is also responsible forassisting with procurement, inspection and materials management of direct andindirect materials, and engineering support for realizing the next generationmedical device.
· Build prototype and verification devices, assist with the building ofproduct assembly and test fixtures.
· Execute tests per product requirements and specifications, workthrough debug and mitigation of issues, and record test results, observationsand deviations per good documentation practices.
· Pick and kit materials for prototype and verification devicebuilds; operate and maintain 3-D printing equipment.
· Create purchase orders for direct and indirect materials based oncurrent schedule/needs and distribute them to suppliers and internal customers.
· Confirm availability of goods and delivery date for purchaseorders provided to suppliers.
· Accept material and perform receiving and inspection to partspecifications, review certificates of compliance, material test reports, andother required quality-relevant documentation.
· Perform first article inspection of direct materials and createassociated reports.
· Move received materials into designated storage locations; resolvediscrepancies discovered during the receipt/inspection process.
· Support investigations into non-conformances during & afterincoming inspection; generate non-conforming reports, support review anddisposition of rework, and attend MRB meetings.
· Maintain receiving, and materials storage and handling areas in aclean and organized state for optimal productivity and safety.
· Support supplier evaluation, approval and negotiations aroundpricing, terms and conditions, and supplier corrective actions.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development, manufacturingor quality environment with inspection, testing and verification as primaryfunctions.
· Prior procurement experience including the process of purchaseorder/requisition fulfillment.
· Expertise in the use of hand tools, machine tools, soldering, andother methods for building prototypes and product assemblies.
· Ability to follow BOMs and interpret component specifications& drawings, use of common test & measuring equipment (mass flowcontrol, humidity/temperature, flow rate, voltage/current).
· Proficient with basic functions of MS Office.