Contract 3 Years, M-F 40 hours weekly
50% Local travel, MA only
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications, relations, and provides onsite training.
Clients Supercomputing Center (LLSC) is an interactive, on-demand parallel computing system that uses large computing clusters to enable Laboratory researchers to augment the power of desktop systems to process large sets of sensor data, create high-fidelity simulations, and develop entirely new algorithms. The LLSC requires this position to help maintain and support the supercomputing hardware in our Lexington and Holyoke datacenters.
Must have requirements and job responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot server hardware issues as related to RAM, Hard Drives, Processors, System boards, Power supplies, Network cards etc.
• Familiarity with Dell, HPE, or other commercial enterprise IT equipment
• Experience with iDrac, ilo, Bios, raid config, PXE, remote access
• Proficiency with the installation and repair of servers, switches, PDU's and vendor RMA work flows
• Install new server hardware or other equipment by racking, cabling, and labeling equipment
• Experience working in a Data Center or Understanding of Data Center fundamentals
• Basic proficiency in Linux/Windows/MAC
Education and Certification requirements:
• High school diploma or GED certificate, an associate or bachelor’s degree in IT
• A+ Certification or other technical certifications