OpenBMC Firmware Engineer
Contract 12+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
*Remote to start due to COVID-19
About the Job
This position entails firmware development in conjunction with architects, BIOS developers, vendors, and quality assurance teams to develop robust, innovative OpenBMC firmware releases for customer reference boards. Responsibilities include BMC firmware development in an OpenBMC environment, upstreaming work to the OpenBMC community and troubleshooting existing designs.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding ASIC company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
Duties include:A successful candidate will employ solid software methodologies, manageability design expertise, debug capabilities, and strong process practices to ensure on-schedule, defect-free firmware deliveries with focus on continuous feature and code improvement.
- Previous BMC Firmware development mandatory (Dell iDRAC, Dell CMC, HP iLo, etc)
- Strong debug methodology and skills mandatory
- Experience in server manageability architecture mandatory
- Experience in x86 architecture mandatory
- BSEE, BSCS, or BSCE degree or higher
- 5-7 years or more of firmware development
- 3 years or more of manageability experience
- Highly Proficient in developing User Interface based on Java Scripts, Network socket concepts
- Experience with Open Source Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) Software Stack (OpenBMC)
- Knowledge of low-level protocols including I2c, I3c, JTAG, SPI, eSPI, UART, PCIe expected
- Proficient with Source version control systems like Git, Review tools like Gerrit
- Working knowledge of Linux Kernel programming and Linux driver development experience (JTAG, I2C, SPI)
- Hands on experience working with Reference Boards.
- Experience with Linux gcc build and debug tools.
- Intimate knowledge of software development process methodology expected
- Knowledge of industry standard initiatives such as Redfish desirable and manageability protocols such as IPMI expected
- Strong analytical skills and debug methodology expected.
These skills are nice to have:
- Experience reading and understanding digital schematics desired
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.