Contract 6+ Months (potential for temp-to-perm conversion)
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
San Jose, CA
About the Job
Our client is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. They are also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed/integrated by partner pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to perform firmware engineering assignments in the design and development of component firmware as required. Analyze, design, develop, implement and support new and existing products and applications involving embedded systems and/or motion control applications.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding company supporting the Bio-Pharmaceutical industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Work closely with both Engineering and Marketing personnel to generate firmware requirements specifications
- Maintain firmware for existing products
- Develop firmware for microcontroller-based products
- Create test specifications, test protocols and perform firmware V&V testing
- Create required design documents per the software development process
- Investigate and resolve firmware bugs
- May interface directly with customers to assist in resolution of specific application problems unique to their respective applications
- Ensure that firmware is documented in conformance with ISO and FDA standards
- Support the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures / work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System and ISO registration
- BS degree in electrical/electronic engineering, computer science, or equivalent plus minimum 5 years of applicable firmware development experience
- Real-time embedded systems experience required
- Real-time control of electromechanical hardware preferred
- System integration and board bring-up experience preferred
- Motion control experience preferred
- Experience with TI-RTOS, TI-C200 or Renesas family microcontrollers preferred
- Proficiency in C and assembly languages required
- Experience with Hitach H8 microcontroller family highly desired
- Apply software best practices in design and development
- Familiar with test tools, oscilloscope, signal analyzer too
- ISO and/or FDA and/or aerospace/military development environment helpful
- Experience with Biotechnology or Medical instruments a plus
- Highly innovative and creative, comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary