Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Contract 12+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client's Server Performance and Power Optimization team is looking for a contract Full Stack Python Developer to join our world class team of software and hardware engineers. The primary role is developing state of the art software systems and tools required to measure and optimize performance of server products.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding ASIC company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Our team is focused on ensuring that the server products we create provide maximum performance and minimum power consumption. Our working model is to characterize (what is happening), analyze (why is this happening – develop a hypothesis) and optimize (design an experiment, collect data, rinse and repeat until expectations are met).
- We run hundreds of experiments hundreds of times each across the life of a single server product. This is where we use a little data science and results from many formal and de-facto industry performance benchmarks. Ansible playbooks handle benchmark provisioning and results flow through a reactive streaming data ingestion pipeline. We use Hive and PowerBI to visualize the results.
- This is an opportunity rich environment to develop new workflows and tools and to mentor and help other team members doing the same. Some example projects include:
- Architecting and developing ansible automation playbooks
- Adding to our Python-based REST API suite
- Data pipeline work using Hadoop, Hive, Jupyter notebooks and Power BI
- Building new React-based web applications
- Hunger to learn. You don’t have to know everything coming in but you do need to be curious, resourceful and a self-starter
- Strong computer science skills
- Python development skills
- Ansible orchestration experience
- At least 4 years industry experience developing back-end services
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Software Engineering or similar
These skills are nice to have:
- Previous DEV OPS experience with server workloads
- Hive or SQL
- JSON REST Web APIs
- SPA UI development experience
- Previous experience setting up databases
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.