Government Compliance & Cost Accountant
This position is part of a 40-member Finance organization that directs the accounting, financial planning, treasury and government compliance functions for Client. This important role reports to the Team Lead, Accounting and Government Compliance and will provide critical support to the business in various compliance-related areas.
The Government Compliance Team is looking for a Government Compliance & Cost Accountant 3 to support all areas of Finance-related government compliance at Client. The position will be required to interface with a variety of departments/areas including General Ledger, Internal Audit, Contracts, Procurement, Property, Billing, Financial Planning and Analysis, Programs, Engineering, Legal, etc. The right candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced individual who will have significant impact on Client in reviewing and updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Government regulations as well as Client business practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain government accounting, estimating, and billing policies and procedures that comply with Federal regulations
- Independently research and interpret Federal regulations to make determinations of allowability and ensure Client compliance
- Provide Government accounting expertise in support of preparation and submission of Government submissions
- Maintain CASB Disclosure Statement including:
- Monitor accounting practices for potential change
- Recommend required updates
- Update disclosure statement
- Lead or co-lead external DCAA/DCMA financial audits and reviews including, but not limited to:
- Testing of Paid Voucher reviews
- DCAA Time Reporting reviews
- DCAA/PWC Uniform Guidance audit
- Participate in and document all significant DCMA interactions with Client
- Serve as primary contact for “other than forward pricing” proposals and primary liaison for compliance-related interactions among billing, contracts and/or program offices
- Provide meaningful interpretation of rate impacts on financial results
- Attend ongoing training and maintain current knowledge on FAR, FAR Supplements, CAS, and DCAA accounting compliance
- Develop, coordinate, and/or conduct compliance-related training as needed
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental/company policies, practices, and procedures
- Create and maintain critical policy and procedure documentation rated to compliance matters
- Support financial initiatives/special projects
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business, Law or related discipline
- 8 or more years of finance/accounting experience with US Federal contracting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Work experience with or for the DCAA and/or DCMA (or other evidence of in-depth knowledge and understanding of FAR and CAS requirement) preferred.
- Knowledge of database structures for data extraction from PeopleSoft; advanced Excel skills needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary, as is ability to cultivate critical inter- and intra-departmental working relationships, foster an environment of cooperation and trust and effectively meet deadlines while providing a high level of customer service
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance and OMB regulations preferred
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and forward thinking in a fast-paced environment is also required.