Government Property and Logistics Team Lead
Government Property and Logistics Team Lead
US Citizen, who must pass a BI
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
Client Property Office is seeking a Property Supervisor to manage and maintain a compliant Government approved property system. The Property Supervisor reports to the Associate Director of Procurement & Property and is responsible for the supervision of five (5) Client employees, one part-time employee and summer internship students. The supervisor is responsible for all daily operations to support, maintain and ensure Government Property compliance for the Client and all other Client offsite locations. The Property Supervisor will serve as the focal point for property audit inquiries by providing all pertinent documentation and customer interface required to be compliant with Client internal procedures as well as FAR 52.245 and all applicable DFARS requirements. The Property Supervisor will need to exercise judgment based on experience and knowledge.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Property Office.
- Supervises, organizes and directs the Property staff. Provides ongoing, constructive feedback of performance and progress based on the goals and expectations of the Property Office.
- Assist with personnel concerns including hiring and evaluation reviews.
- Sets department goals and initiatives, conducts training and performs presentations at the department and program level. Cross train employees within the department to ensure available resources.
- Ensures direct reports have the skills and resources to effectively perform roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures excellent Property Office customer service.
- Provides training and direction to internal program personnel, external stakeholders, and subcontractors on Government Furnished Property (GFP) management requirements and procedures.
- Responsible for a high volume of incoming and outgoing Client and Government owned property. Responsible for ensuring all government property is tagged and dispositioned in accordance with internal procedures.
- Responsible for managing the Client warehouse. Includes inventory of incoming and outgoing property as well as the overall supervision of the facility.
- Provide support to the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to coordinate weekly deliveries to the Client warehouse.
- Manages the annual wall to wall inventory of all tagged equipment for Client and the Government. The inventory function requires the supervisor to train and monitor summer internship students to assist in the support of identifying and tagging all property. Assist the program offices with in-house asset tracking system that is bolted onto our Asset Management module.
- Supervisor is also required to ensure the inventory scanners have the most current software installed and that they are compatible with PeopleSoft.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve deficiencies in the PeopleSoft Asset Management module to increase efficiencies, enhance processes and adds improvements through STATS to upgrade the system when required.
- Reviews the FAR and DFARS for new requirements and customizes the Asset Management module to remain compliant.
- Client liaison for all Government and in-house property audits throughout the year. Responsible for interpreting all outcomes of the audit and instituting any corrective action to ensure Client property satisfactory rating.
- Ensure the integrity of data, records, and reports required for official submission.
- Responsible for maintaining the Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening Systems (PCARSS) that exists between Client and the Government.
- Responsible for all aspects of disposition and disposal for all Client or Government property. This will include bid lot sales, scrap sales and demilitarization up to the level of smelting
- Administer required property audits and oversight of Subcontractors control in regards to Government property.
- Manage Client’s Unique Item Identification (UID) process to ensure we remain compliant with Government audits.
Minimum 5-7 years related work experience in Government property management. Certified Professional Property Administrator (CPPA) or other professional certification by the National Property Management Association (NPMA) is preferred.
Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Working knowledge of PCARSS is preferred.
Experience with PeopleSoft Asset Management Module is also preferred.
Working knowledge of Government property FAR/DFARS requirements. Highly motivated self-starter, excellent written and oral communication skills as well as thorough familiarity MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Strong communication skills.
Active Secret security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
Some Lifting up to 50lbs is required. Able to obtain OSHA forklift certification.