Hardware Engineer - 001
Contract Multiple openings 3 Year Contract Assignment
40 hours weekly, US Citizen with Secret Clearance
100% on site
Designs, develops, and tests computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, computer chips, keyboards, routers, and printers. Supervises the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts. Designs and oversees the production of computer hardware equipment. Tests and re-tests parts to ensure they work properly. Identifies and isolates defects. Designs and develops the software systems that control computers. Designs and tests circuits and other electronic components. Tests work and refine processes. Integrates components into the final design. Evaluates the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary. Generates specifications for parts. Controls the efficiency of processes. Builds, tests and modifies product prototypes. Analyzes information and recommend appropriate hardware to users. Designs support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives. Specifies power supply requirements and configuration. Retrieves data for analysis of system capabilities. Experience with Hardware engineering software (Altium Designer, Orcad, Cadence Allegro) and Electronics tools (soldering irons, magnifiers)
The Tactical Networks Group specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on rapid prototyping of radical next generation tactical mobile, military airborne communications systems.
The team is looking for a Wireless ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer with Strong Digital Signal Processing Understanding.
1. Experience in going through several complete and successful ASIC/FPGA design/verification cycles from architecting and creation of FPGA/ASIC test environment to demonstration on hardware
2. In-depth understanding of digital signal processing algorithms relevant to communications
3. Solid verification skills, which includes planning, debugging, random testing, black box testing and adversarial testing for ASIC and Xilinx FPGAs and Vivado
4. Solid verification experience working with VHDL Designs using VHDL or System Verilog
5. Strong C/C++ and scripting (TCL and Python preferred) experience
6. Experience in Testplan definition, Testbench design and development, coverage specification and analysis and automation of the regression test suite
Proficient in OS-VVM, UVM, or other functional verification methodologies
2. ASIC verification experience
3. Strong understanding of fundamentals of wireless digital communications systems and all PHY processes from data in to baseband I/Q out. Be able to clearly articulate the function of all digital blocks in a typical communications chain (encoders, modulators, correlators, matrix arithmetic, etc.).
4. Experience with MatLab is a plus
MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus 8 years experience or BS and 10+ years experience