Information Assurance Security Specialist
Six plus month assignment with conversion potential.
Active Secret Clearance
Information Assurance Security Specialist (IASS)
IASS functions as an information system security subject matter expert (SME) on FISMA, NIST standards and guidelines, Privacy Act, HIPAA, E-Gov, OMB Circulars A-11 and A-130, and Clinger-Cohen as they apply to data and application security.
The IASS is responsible for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities for Consular Affairs / Consular Systems and Technology (CA/CST) automated information systems (AIS) and provides A&A support for domestic and oversea deployed systems.
- The IASS daily function includes: Serves as the primary IASS lead for Visa, Passport, American Citizen Overseas, etc.
- IASS monitors the systems security posture via iPost.
- Conducts weekly or monthly meeting with Government Task Managers (GTMs) and developers.
- Schedules and facilitates boundary meeting, Phase I Kick-off (P1KO) meeting, Phase IV Kick-Off (P4KO) meeting, and attends Phase II Kick-off (P4KO) meeting and finding meetings.
- Develops and updates the following security application documentation:
- Security Categorization Form (SCF)
- E-Authentication Form (eRA)
- System Security Plan (SSP) and others
Complete data calls in a timely manner
Provide guidance to System GTM and System developers.
Assists and advises System GTMs and System developers
Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
- A&A experience as it relates to cybersecurity, information assurance, or IT.
- Certified Authorization Provider (CAP) certification preferred.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5 years relevant experience, CISSP or other IT and security-related certifications
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary