Information Technology Specialist
Direct Hire, Full Benefits
Must possess a Secret clearance; Top Secret clearance a plus
The Information Technology Specialist is a key member within dynamic research and development environments, providing complete support for a wide range of IT Infrastructure technologies. You will design, deploy, support, secure, maintain and document all aspects of the wide-ranging IT Systems. Duties include but are not limited to system design, system deployment, troubleshooting, software patching, license management, hardware and software management, as well as lifecycle management.
- Provide the overall IT support for independent IT systems within R&D environments
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains system configurations (hardware and software) to ensure proper functionality and operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for day to day functionality, support and maintenance of IT Infrastructure systems
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- Maintain and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Assist with the investigation of security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents
- Ensure system security measures are correctly applied and remain intact.
- Accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports status and progress to management
- Must possess a Secret clearance; Top Secret clearance a plus
- Extensive experience with Windows 10; Server 2016, 2012
- Strong knowledge of client/server environments, Group Policies, Domain Services and Networking
- Demonstrated experience with VMware and virtualization
- Extensive experience with Linux operating systems is desired
- Experience with configuring layer 2 and layer 3 network switches
- Demonstrated experience with IT Infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring
- General knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework, other computer security publications, and implementing system security controls
- Four or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Off-hour/on-call support as needed. Schedule flexibility is required as some work must be done outside of major production hours
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired
- Preference given with one or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, IAT Level II and IAM Level I