IOT Software Engineer
Job Type : Permanent
Location/City : MA - Boston
Category : Software/Embedded
Region : Northeast
Id : 25397
IOT Software Engineer
As a member of the development team, you will have the principal responsibility for the software that runs on the computers that are deployed in thousands of households and other Out of Home locations. This software implements clients computer vision and audio signal processing algorithms, and communicates with our back-end servers to report the analyzed data. It is also responsible for device management and monitoring. These computers are currently running Windows, but we are actively working on moving to a Linux platform.
You will help us realize research-level computer vision algorithms as efficient, field-reliable code, and find new ways to take accurate measurements of consumer behavior in the wild. You will also help the development team build the rest of clients operational and data processing suite. You will lead a team of software engineers, and will be instrumental in growing this team with some of the best talent.
You have an expert level knowledge of implementing systems software on the Linux platform in C++. You are as comfortable writing systems code in C++ as you are in writing higher level code in Python or Scala. You have worked in AWS in the past, and have contributed to implementing and deploying services and APIs within AWS. You enjoy learning new technologies and programming languages, and have at least explored one or more functional languages in the past.
- Design, update, and add features using C++ and Python to the core services of computer vision and real-time communications on devices running the Linux OS
- Integrate and optimize key open source and third-party libraries into the platform
- Contribute to core C++ frameworks and system management software used by all the IoT devices
- Work closely with computer vision researchers, and bring their algorithms and models to fruition in code
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5-7 years of related work experience
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ Linux/Unix platforms (programming and debugging)
- Experience writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code
- Knowledge of Python is a must.
- Multi-threaded skills required
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with implementing and deploying RESTful APIs is a required. Knowledge of doing the same in AWS is a HUGE plus.
- Demonstrated success in reducing theory to practice and delivering working systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a cross-disciplinary manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- C++11 or higher experience
- Knowledge of one or more functional languages, like Scala or Haskell, is highly desirable.
- Team lead experience.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about agile development and scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in contributing code to open source projects or successful products
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
- Parallel programming algorithms and techniques
- Proven experience diagnosing and debugging complex system issues
- Proven strong understanding of software design - technology, methods and approaches
- Experience with latest computer vision techniques and general machine learning, a plus
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: IOT Software Engineer (#25397-MH1639)|