Java Software Architect
Job Type : Contract 12 months +
Location/City : TX - Austin
Category : Software/Embedded
Region : Southwest
Id : 25684
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week, M-F
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Length: 12 months
Location: Austin, TX
We are looking for an experienced Java developer and software architect to assist with efforts to replace a custom build flow for our client's SoC development teams with a Gradle and Jenkins-based system.
A successful candidate for this role will have significant experience reverse-engineering complex software systems as well as architecting and implementing necessary enhancements. The candidate will have demonstrated mastery of industry standard software build and release tools such as Gradle, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
- Create custom plugins for Gradle and Jenkins to enable those tools to interact with our custom build tools.
- Create Gradle build scripts to replace existing build scripts used for our in-house tool.
- Architect new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
- Design, build, test, monitor, manage and maintain tool-chains for critical functions
- Own and drive improvements to our build, simulation and release scripts, tools, and processes
- Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ software development experience
- 5+ years’ of Java development and architecture experience
- Strong background in object oriented programming
- Ability to work onsite in Austin, TX for the duration of the engagement
- Experience with industry-standard build tools such as Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, autoconf, automake, etc.
- Experience with artifact management using tools such as Artifactory
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines using tools such as Jenkins
- Strong working knowledge of other scripting languages including shell, Perl, Groovy, Kotlin and/or Ruby
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as jUnit.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Java Software Architect (#25684-MH1639)|