Lead Contracts Administrator
Direct Hire, FTE, Full Benefits
Must be a US Citizen with Active TS/SCI
The Lead Contracts Administrator of National Security & Space Contracts provides leadership and direction to direct reports and members of the contracts team. You will build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction; focus on business results and emphasize a team approach to provide world class contracts support. Responsibilities include cradle to grave oversight of contract administration and utilizing metrics to monitor performance and risk across a diverse portfolio of US Government Contracts. The Senior Lead Contracts Administrator works closely with Programs, Finance, and Legal to maintain and improve a cross-functional contract management process.
- Proposal support and negotiation, post- award contract administration, scope management, interface with key subcontractors and contract closeout. Providing guidance and advice to client programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts; provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language; evaluates and coordinates proposals; investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
- Develops and applies solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, including US Government contract officers and the DCMA administrative contracting officers.
- Guide & mentor direct reports in the proper application of Government contract management principles including FAR & DFAR interpretation, TINA Requirements, and cost principles. Develop and implement effective training plans and foster an environment of continuous learning.
Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Federal Government contract administration and negotiations, or acquisitions.
Deep understanding and familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), including intellectual property rules.
Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to effectively interact at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
BA/BS required, MA/MBA/JD preferred.
Current TS/SCI is required.
CFCM, CPCM, CCCM or equivalent.