Lead Firmware Architect
Lead Firmware Architect
Contract 6+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
Multiple onsite locations once onsite work re-opens
*Remote to start due to COVID-19
About the Job
Our client is looking for a Lead Firmware Architect to work closely with firmware developers, other architects, verification and validation teams on defining and driving scalable embedded Firmware solutions.
This individual will have direct experience with scalable and robust firmware architecture, development and exposure to pre-silicon and post-silicon design cycles. This will include bringing a strong technical lead in areas of feature documentation, development, test-planning and issue resolution. In addition, this person will need to be a strong problem solver and be able to show a history of mitigating issues and collaboration with team members to propose solutions and ways to make forward progress.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding ASIC development company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Responsible for firmware architecture definition that dictates testable and debuggable implementation of firmware solutions spanning pre and post silicon.
- Convert product requirements into firmware architectural requirements and specification
- Work closely with SoC Architects, IP Architects and RTL, Verification, Emulation and Validation Teams to understand the product requirements and to ensure the end product meets business goals.
- Drive improvements for embedded micro-controllers and programming processes and procedures.
- Participate and collaborate on hands-on development and testing of FW solutions as required.
- Lead and guide and mentorship for all firmware related requirements from pre-silicon through post-silicon including TapeOut and Bring-Up phases.
- Understand product technologies and trends in order to extrapolate and be able to drive effective trade-offs and define scalable and robust FW architecture.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of firmware development cycle, integration and verification/validation for pre-Si and post-Si for SoC designs.
- Experienced C programming experience & debugging skills for embedded systems.
- Validated ability to methodically root-cause sophisticated failure mechanisms at the IP, subsystem and/or system level.
- Working experience and/or exposure to firmware testing platforms including: Unit Level, Simulation and Emulation.
- Prior involvement in board, processor, or ASIC bring-up.
- Knowledge of firmware algorithms used in any Host protocols such as: SCSI, SATA, eMMC, USB, PCIe, SPI, DDR, NVMe is an added advantage.
- Experience in hardware/software interfaces and debugging sophisticated issues in CPU and firmware using JTAG, source code debuggers and other tool
- Experience with source control systems including git/gerrit
- Working experience with Python, C++, Makefiles, UVM, System Verilog is highly preferred
- Ability to thrive with a dynamic and fast-paced work environment with quick results and delivery of engineering solutions.
- Proven ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.