Learning Development Specialist
Contract 40 hours weekly 18 months, On Site 100%
Role and responsibilities
- Manage, lead, and coordinate onboarding program for locally new hired employees. Partner with senior leadership and SME’s to deliver both Virtually and Instructor session quarterly for Development and Engineering workforce.
- Partner with learning operations. Create or adopt remotely developed learning activity plans, based on company culture, existing materials, resources, budget, stakeholder and Subject Matter Expert (SME) involvement, vendor solutions and a host of other variables. Lock down and establish the scope, resources, timeframe, deliverables and success metrics, as well as a plan for maintaining the program (if needed) after the project concludes.
- Implement and deliver new learning pilot programs for partnering with international team members. Together with the tea establish clear responsibilities to both implement and provide balanced feedback on social learning, 70-20-10, course development (instructional design), and new learning initiatives. Must be able to adapt quickly to the client business, recognize key stakeholders and formulate partnerships delivering sound decisions, with incomplete information, in short time frames.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to earn trust and build a network within Development and Engineering. Use that network to identify training and skills needed across different levels of the organization, provide recommendations on learning (training) delivery. Act as an internal learning consultant partnering with leadership concerning training and development needs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in digital learning trends, training and development tools, learning platforms, and provides ideas continuously exploring new and innovative approaches to learning.
- Manage learning suppliers and consultants. Manage business stakeholders guiding each learning request to reach agreements on the essential training deliverables, scope, timelines, budget and KPI’s to monitor progress.
- Perform learning intake of both new and updated training requests making key decisions on methods of learning and managing actions steps to proceed, hold, or suggest alternatives to deliver learning.
- Experience project managing the overall progress of projects delivering products on time, within budget and in scope. Secure that training processes are maintained, service level agreements with both external and internal suppliers and customers.
- Forecast long term plans to manage resources and budget to both develop and purchase training for development.
- Partner with external suppliers and internally prepare Purchase Requisitions/Orders in cooperation with administrative assistance and/or procurement.
Education and experience
- Learning Management System.
Up to date on instructional design and interventions:
- Development tools.
- Online Learning techniques.
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate.
- Manage triple constraint (scope, time, cost), risks, progress reporting.
- Deliver according to agreed project initiation document, plan and timing.
- Timely delivery of quality learning programs following ADDIE method.
- Timely escalation of risks and issues in course delivery.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and faster course development.
Take perspective towards target groups:
- Technical background.
- Takes ownership to achieve end result.
- Demonstrate business sense and understanding and leverages networks.
- Handles ambiguity, uncertainty and conflicting priorities effectively.
- Communicates clearly & convincingly.
- Acts upon customers interest.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Critical interviewing.
- Influence without power.
- Stakeholder management up to VP level.
- Builds collaborative relationships.
- Active listening techniques.
- Handles resistance and challenges.
- Create consensus and connections.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Key skills that you are looking for in candidates:
The role requires 4+ years’ experience in the corporate learning environment. A focus on working with internal and external audiences both domestic and internationally to develop learning. You must be able to demonstrate core front line skills such as; eLearning development, LMS (cornerstone) proficiency, Virtual/ILT facilitation, and presentation skills, in addition to transitioning into a leadership role managing large projects, review learning quotes, overseeing an onboarding program, make complex decisions, partner with senior leadership to strategize and formulate learning presentations. Experience managing learning experts, instructional designers, and project management experience is also a plus.
Must have strong problem solving skills, ability to form collaborative relationships, different methods to measure learning, ability to formulate needs analysis, address learner skill gaps in a constant changing environment, practical knowledge working with outside vendors, and bring new learning solutions and methods to the team. Six Sigma, experience with engineers, and working internationally is a plus.
- Degree or experience supported by knowledge and skills in Science, Technology or an equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in combination with facilitation of learning, instructional design, management, individual contributor in corporate learning, coordinating learning, consulting, demonstrated work with learning vendors
- Proven experience in Learning & Development in high tech companies
- Experience with modern workplace learning (informal and social learning, collaboration, gamification, adaptive learning, flipped classroom, use of social media).