RedHat Linux Engineer
Six month plus month full-time assignment with conversion opportunity. XXX
This RedHat Linux Engineer will support our client’s platform with production support, system implementation and technical sizing and be involved in the design supporting all client PMO application systems.
The successful engineer must have strong and comprehensive RedHat Linux Administration and Engineering skills and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact with the client and their customers and have a strong background in working with Oracle databases.
You will also be one of the primary point of contact for all tier-3 ITD System related support tickets, provide Operations and Maintenance support out of normal office hours on a pre-planned basis and at short notice in cases of emergency, perform periodic upgrades to the software and be responsible for changes to its functionality, documentation, and training.
- 5-12 years’ experience as a RedHat Systems Engineer/Administrator, or a combination of relevant experience and equivalent post-high school studies depending on degree level
- Experience with insider threat detection software from a systems engineering/administrator standpoint
- RedHat Linux RHELVersions 5, 6 & 7 and later
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Experience across the systems engineering lifecycle
- Significant experience in requirements development and traceability through the SELC of a system – from requirements definition to design to development and testing and post production validation
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- Provide support for existing Microsoft Windows server environment, including 2008/2012 Active Directory Services, 2008/2012/2016 Microsoft Windows Servers, 2010/2013
Microsoft Exchange Servers including responsibility for supporting and optimizing the patch strategy for our servers.
- Master’s Degree with at least 5 years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years’ experience in Computer Science or related discipline, preferred.
- Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
- You must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all members of your household must be US Citizens.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary