A Manufacturing Engineer is expected to make key contributions to a many facets of the business including:
Process engineering & support
Develop Core Skills Training documents/Manual for use in operations; workmanship, torqueing, thermal fit, bearing installation, vacuum handling, encoder test, motor installation, band tensioning, etc.
Manage Rework Process – develop sequences and standard reworks that can be performed – establish procedures and forms – method for tracking – also non-standard reworks and repairs
Design test specifications – source or identify resources required to automate the test sequencing and data capture – automate go-no-go acceptance – integrate with MATlab or LabView for calculations and data collection and ensure all data is stored by SN on the network server
· Enable serialization through barcoding to support build records– minimize data entry errors – enable error-proofing based on end-of-line scanning stations.
Ensure packaging supplier provides qualified designs to support shipping. Work with engineering for packaging design and qualification – including crate design and shipping fixtures – ISTA requirements
· Act as co-author with Engineering on Critical parts program and develop process for identifying/categorizing critical parts, qualifying critical parts (FAI and on-going validation), lot traceability, and Process of Record at Suppliers.
· Develop and support MFG BOMs – work with Engineering and Materials groups to transfer Solidworks PDM BOMs into ERP. Ensure BOM Accuracy – transactions must be correct for materials – including expensed parts – need to drive production variances to zero
· Participate in MRB activities, and support the evaluation and investigation of non-conforming material · Participate as internal auditor for ISO, Participate on Safety committee Skills Preferred:
· DFMECA, PFMECA, SPC
· ISO-9001 familiarity – performed as auditor a plus
· Data Automation – SQL based queries – scheduled reporting – data extraction and parsing
· Ability to develop presentation, present to audience; group training or status to executives
· Working knowledge of problem solving tools and methodologies
· Working knowledge of ERP Systems; Oracle, SAP,
QuickBooks, MISys, or similar
· Working knowledge of MES Systems; Factory Logix(AEGIS)
· Working knowledge of lean and six-sigma principles and tools; flow design, kanban, cycle time, takt time, line balancing, constraint theory, kaizen, 6S, demand flow, CpK, and DOE
Working knowledge of MS OFFICE Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access
· CAD experience, preferably Solidworks and SW Composer
· Working Knowledge on measuring process performance; business analytics and reporting
· Working knowledge of Industry practices; Copy Exact, ESD, SSQA, POR
· Firm understanding of revision control, ECO practices, and manufacturing workflows
· A broad range of engineering skills, understanding mechanical and electrical concepts, knowledge of manufacturing methods and practices, and working with design documents controlled by specifications and geometric tolerances.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.