Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Background Check and Drug test are required
- US or Green Card holder only
12 month contract assignment with conversion arrangement already in place.
- Provides day to day support for the Production lines.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement activities in Production.
- Develops and implements improvement solutions using Lean methods.
- Introduces new products and assembly processes including necessary documentation for process verification & validation, and employee training.
- Ensures smooth running of Production processes with the highest possible efficiency.
· Develops and documents manufacturing methods, material handling methods, improve efficiencies, quality and reliability of processes and / or products
· Performs SAP Master Data maintenance, including routings and time standards
· Performs and records process capability analysis, process verification and validation activities, and FMEAs
· Designs and/or procures workstations, machinery, fixtures and tooling required for either new product lines or for improvement of existing lines
· Implements visual management including daily management boards in Production
· Interfaces with design engineering during new product development or product enhancement projects, to ensure the design is acceptable for manufacturability
· Interfaces with quality engineering and suppliers to ensure corrective action or problem resolution, delivery reliability, and parts acceptability in cost & quality aspects
Support phase in / phase out of products or components into Production
· Implements product / process changes into Production; develops, documents, maintains and improves processes, workflows, and tools in Production in compliance with GMP and ISO requirements
· Investigate operational problems affecting Production and deal with them in a systematic, methodical manner
· Resolves Production problems/failures using root cause analysis techniques; initiates engineering change requests; reviews/approves engineering change orders
· Fosters Lean culture and lead Lean/Kaizen Events in Production
· Facilitates and leads CI events to ensure that improvements are captured, implemented and sustained
· Creates, standardizes and maintains Production standard work and Production area layouts
· Leads large scale projects in Production including continuous improvement projects
· 5 to 8 years related experience in a Production environment required
· Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification strongly preferred
· Proven track record of leading continuous improvement projects including Kaizen events and root cause problem solving required
· Experience with VSM, spaghetti analysis, time/motion studies & cycle time reduction, and waste elimination required
· Experience with 5S and poka-yoke preferred
· Proficiency with Minitab or other statistical software preferred
· Proficiency with SolidWorks software preferred
· MS Office suite proficiency required; Visio, Access & Project preferred
· Demonstrated organizational & project management skills preferred
· FMEA and Process Verification and Validation experience required
· Prior SAP usage in a Production environment desired
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to management and peers
· Stay current with new and emerging technologies and trends; learn and utilize new knowledge quickly and effectively
· Performs a variety of tasks, and work independently, without appreciable direction
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree a plus
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.