Contract 12-18 months 40 hours weekly
Contract 12-18 months 40 hours weekly
- Understand/improve friction properties and wear behavior of materials used in the current system with appropriate testing techniques and equipment.
- Investigate material and chemical issues in manufacturing process like bonding, gluing , coating, patterning and etching processes.
- Set-up and operate process equipment such as PECVD/CVD coating, patterning, cleaning, polishing, bonding, laser ablation and etching equipment for engineering experiments and process development.
- Develop, demonstrate feasibility and industrialize new integrated process flows for prototyping of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems.
- Solve any engineering challenges that we encounter related to chemical and material aspects of design and manufacturing process of optical and ceramic substrates to achieve the precision and life time performance at sub-nanometer scale.
- Investigate material issues / challenges using appropriate material diagnostic tools such as SEM/EDS, AFM, WLI etc.
- Perform flatness, roughness and other metrology measurements using WLI, Interferometers and AFM.
- Understand and link the performance of the process effects to the performance of ASMLs systems in field.
- Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management.
- Support preparation of design reviews for the development team.
- Prepare engineer documentation like Element Performance Specifications, Element Design Specifications, Test Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports and release the documents by following change control process.
- Write engineering procedure and train technicians to efficiently transfer the build/ alignment & test process to manufacturing.
Masters with at least 4-5years of industry experience in Material Sciences, chemistry or other engineering disciplines
- Preferred: PhD with 2+ years of industry experience in Material Sciences, chemistry or other engineering disciplines.
- Extensive experience working with various coating deposition equipment (e.g., Sputter, E-beam, PVD, PECVD etc.).
- Excellent Knowledge of electro-optical, mechanical and interfacial properties of coatings and ceramic structure.
- Experiencing in using etching equipment like Reactive Ion Etch, wet etch and acid etching.
- Good understanding and experience in verification methods (white light interferometer, microscope, SEM, AFM, TOF-SIMS, TEM/EELS, XPS etc).
- Expert knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions; Working knowledge of PID controllers.
- Ability to work in the clean room environment knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc); with deep understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials.
- General understanding of optics and ceramic manufacturing methods; Basic understanding of manufacturing process optimization.
- Excellent analytical and experimental skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time while under time constraints; High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, identify root cause and propose practical solutions.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.